We care about the planet we love to explore.
Together, we support sustainable travel.
When you give a Hotelgift, you also give back to the planet.
For every Hotelgift bought, we ensure 1,000 litres of clean drinking water is donated with the collaboration of Made Blue.
Our collaboration with Made Blue allows us to combine our values and mission of spreading happiness through gifting and caring for the world. Hotelgift aims to be a sustainable travel gift, ideal for the eco-conscious world traveller.
Made Blue does not just add to the quality of the water in an area that needs it but it’s also crucial for supporting communities in poverty. Next to water, Made Blue also provides jobs and opportunities for entrepreneurship and micro-investment with these projects.
For every Hotelgift purchased and for every gift card that’s redeemed to book a new hotel stay, 1,000 litres of water is donated. Made Blue operates globally, and works especially with communities in Ethiopia and Java.
They work to provide clean drinking water, which is crucial in preventing deadly infectious diseases and supporting families in poverty-stricken communities. Made Blue is here for the long run. More than half of the water pumps provided by charities, unfortunately, stop working after a while. This leaves many families in developing countries without clean water once again. Therefore, Made Blue makes sure that all of their projects are carefully being screened and fitted in order to make a positive impact for the long term and at least for the next 10 years.
A sustainable travel gift that offsets carbon emissions is our aim. However, due to our collaboration, there’s much more that happens than just donating water.
Providing clean drinking water is Made Blue’s primary goal. However, they are doing so much more than that. To keep the water in the developing countries running, they hire water committees that take care of the projects. These committees exist of local community members and are trained to be a valuable caretaker of water maintenance. That’s not all, the local community who makes use of the facilities gets the opportunity to do micro-payments. This not only helps keep the projects going by the community but also attracts many local entrepreneurs and gets the economy running. In other words, you don’t just save lives by providing clean water, you also:
- Reduce deadly diseases. Access to clean water means that less money is needed for medication and women do not have to walk for miles a day for clean water.
- Protect children. You help Made Blue and Amref provide information on hygiene to residents of slums and children in schools.
- Support local schools. You support the creation and expansion of facilities of clean drinking water and sewage in slums and schools through local partners.
- Provide work & income. This way they don’t just have clean water, but also food on the table.
- Improve the economy in developing countries. By supporting Made Blue the local communities get the opportunity to do micro-investment in the projects.
Thank you for being a part of the movement towards a more sustainable future.
“We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.”
– Native American Proverb