Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for the Mums Who Say They Don’t Want Anything
Our mums’ typical response to “What gift can I get you for Mother’s Day?” is “Nothing”. While you don’t want to come empty-handed on Mother’s Day, choosing a gift is difficult when ”nothing” is all you have as input. When that happens, it’s time to take matters into your own hands. Here are the Mother’s Day gift ideas for the mums who say they don’t want anything
A stay at a cute Bed and Breakfast
Being the all-around caregiver, your mum definitely needs some time off. Let Mum know you appreciate all her hard work by spoiling her at some of the best B&Bs near you. Here are some hotels that would make a terrific gift for this Mother’s Day in the UK:
- The Queensberry – Bath: Relish in this characterful Georgian townhouse, and experience impeccable service in the north of Bath. Plus, this is the only hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant in Bath!
- The Bloomsbury – London: On London’s West End is the luxurious Bloomsbury Hotel, which offers complimentary bubbles and breakfast.
- Hyatt House – Manchester: Hyatt House is designed for mums who love the feeling of a home away from home. This hotel takes comfort to the next level with full-service flats and studios.
Did you know: With Mother’s Day fast approaching, finding the perfect hotel stay to pamper your mum can be difficult. If you want to ditch the anxiety, get a Hotelgift voucher, and let her choose from 25,000+ hotels across the UK and 550,000+ worldwide. It’s the best Mother’s Day gift card you can get this year!
A rejuvenating spa day
Wouldn’t it be nice for your mum, the ultimate caretaker, to be cared for? For Mother’s Day, don’t be afraid to splurge on an A-Z spa experience for your mum. Trendy spas and retreats in the UK include:
- Bamford Wellness Spa – Cotswolds: Located in the heart of an organic farm, Bamford offers its visitors a peaceful atmosphere unlike other wellness centres in the city. At Bamford, have your mum experience a sense of tranquillity like she’s never seen before.
- The Berkeley – London: If you’re not looking to make a long drive out of London, then come to The Berkeley. The Berkeley is an urban oasis that’s tucked away from the hustle and bustle of big city life. This spa has a great collection of organic and holistic treatments that promotes detoxing and reinvigoration.
- Macdonald Bath Spa – Bath: Experience a truly 5-star treatment at this wellness facility. From hot stone massages to a nourishing body wrap, this spa is the perfect weekend getaway with your mother.
A fancy brunch
What could be better than a chatty brunch/lunch as a gift? This Mother’s Day, take your mum on a fancy lunch cruise, or have high tea. Use this opportunity to bond with her over her life and let her know you have the best mum in the entire world. If you’re wondering where to go for a hearty brunch, here are some of the best daytime cafes and restaurants in the country:
- In London: Enjoy a bottomless Asian-fusion brunch at The Aubrey (inside the Mandarin Oriental). Couple that with flowing champagne and sake, and you’re set to have a giddy time with your mum.
- In Edinburgh: The Pantry is high on every list of hip brunch restaurants. Try their unforgettable eggs benedict, and soak in Edinburgh’s cobblestone streets vibe.
- In Belfast: Have a fantastic coastal breakfast in Ballygally Castle. Have an authentic Irish meal for Mother’s Day (dessert included) with a magnificent bay view.
- In Dublin: Castleknock has the most exquisite afternoon tea in Ireland. Have mum savour sumptuous treats while sipping delicious tea here, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t visited this place sooner.
Speaking of Ireland, we’ve compiled a list of luxurious places to stay while visiting the region. Wherever you decide to take your mum this year, ensure she has the most pampering experience because mums deserve the best!
A trip to her dream city
Motherhood entails sacrifices. Has your mum paused travelling ever since she became a mother? Is there a city your mum always wanted to see but hasn’t found the time to after all those years? If that sounds like her, it’s time to be the golden child and give her the trip she’s always dreamed of. Around Mother’s Day, these are our top destinations to visit with your mum:
- Amsterdam – The Netherlands
- Alicante – Spain
- Aberdeen – Scotland
- Montpellier – France
- Zakynthos – Greece
- Bavaria – Germany
Mother’s Day is also the perfect opportunity to catch up with the skiing season in Europe before Spring arrives. Take your mum on an adventureful holiday in the Alps, the Sierra Nevada, or the Dolomites, and stay in the best ski hotels in Europe. Make your mum feel special on Mother’s Day, and help her experience new and exciting destinations! We’re sure she will talk about it for years to come.
Acts of service
If you’re crunched for time, the most realistic present to give your mum is to help her with the daily routine. Make her breakfast in bed, volunteer to do the dishes, or cut the grass in her garden. Acts of service go a long way for your mum, as it shows that you care to alleviate worries from her shoulders.
We’d also like to note that you shouldn’t be nice to your mum only on Mother’s Day. Take this opportunity to see what else you can help her in the future, and make Mum feel loved daily.
What if your mum’s love language is not Acts of Service but Gift Giving, and you’re just hours away from Mother’s Day? Don’t fret! Hotelgift offers eGifts and PDF printouts that arrive within seconds of ordering. Nifty, right? Get an experience gift for mum, and create lasting memories with her this Mother’s Day!
We love our mums not only because they take us to school or listen to our relationship problems. We also love them because of their selfless dedication to furthering our lives in every way possible. That’s why mums deserve all the thanks in the world, especially on Mother’s Day. Whether you’re sending her on a weekend getaway or helping around the house, don’t forget to tell your mum how much you love her.