Mother’s Day Gift Ideas for the Mums Who Say They Don’t Want Anything
vie. 17 marzo 2023
A stay at a cute Bed and BreakfastBeing the all-around caregiver, your mum definitely needs some time off. Let Mum know you appreciate all her hard work by spoiling her at some of the best B&Bs near you. Here are some hotels that would make a terrific gift for this Mother’s Day in the UK:
- The Queensberry - Bath: Relish in this characterful Georgian townhouse, and experience impeccable service in the north of Bath. Plus, this is the only hotel with a Michelin-starred restaurant in Bath!
- The Bloomsbury - London: On London’s West End is the luxurious Bloomsbury Hotel, which offers complimentary bubbles and breakfast.
- Hyatt House - Manchester: Hyatt House is designed for mums who love the feeling of a home away from home. This hotel takes comfort to the next level with full-service flats and studios.
A rejuvenating spa dayWouldn’t it be nice for your mum, the ultimate caretaker, to be cared for? For Mother’s Day, don’t be afraid to splurge on an A-Z spa experience for your mum. Trendy spas and retreats in the UK include:
- Bamford Wellness Spa - Cotswolds: Located in the heart of an organic farm, Bamford offers its visitors a peaceful atmosphere unlike other wellness centres in the city. At Bamford, have your mum experience a sense of tranquillity like she’s never seen before.
- The Berkeley - London: If you’re not looking to make a long drive out of London, then come to The Berkeley. The Berkeley is an urban oasis that’s tucked away from the hustle and bustle of big city life. This spa has a great collection of organic and holistic treatments that promotes detoxing and reinvigoration.
- Macdonald Bath Spa - Bath: Experience a truly 5-star treatment at this wellness facility. From hot stone massages to a nourishing body wrap, this spa is the perfect weekend getaway with your mother.
A fancy brunchWhat could be better than a chatty brunch/lunch as a gift? This Mother’s Day, take your mum on a fancy lunch cruise, or have high tea. Use this opportunity to bond with her over her life and let her know you have the best mum in the entire world. If you’re wondering where to go for a hearty brunch, here are some of the best daytime cafes and restaurants in the country:
- In London: Enjoy a bottomless Asian-fusion brunch at The Aubrey (inside the Mandarin Oriental). Couple that with flowing champagne and sake, and you’re set to have a giddy time with your mum.
- In Edinburgh: The Pantry is high on every list of hip brunch restaurants. Try their unforgettable eggs benedict, and soak in Edinburgh’s cobblestone streets vibe.
- In Belfast: Have a fantastic coastal breakfast in Ballygally Castle. Have an authentic Irish meal for Mother’s Day (dessert included) with a magnificent bay view.
- In Dublin: Castleknock has the most exquisite afternoon tea in Ireland. Have mum savour sumptuous treats while sipping delicious tea here, and you’ll wonder why you haven’t visited this place sooner.
A trip to her dream cityMotherhood entails sacrifices. Has your mum paused travelling ever since she became a mother? Is there a city your mum always wanted to see but hasn’t found the time to after all those years? If that sounds like her, it’s time to be the golden child and give her the trip she’s always dreamed of. Around Mother’s Day, these are our top destinations to visit with your mum:
- Amsterdam - The Netherlands
- Alicante - Spain
- Aberdeen - Scotland
- Montpellier - France
- Zakynthos - Greece
- Bavaria - Germany