What information is collected?
When you buy a gift card and/or make a booking, you may be asked for your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment information, additional names of the booking, and potential booking preferences.
When you visit our websites, even if you do not make a reservation, we may collect certain information, such as your IP address, which browser you are using, and information about your computer’s operating system, application version, language settings and pages that have been shown to you. If you are using a mobile device, we might also collect data that identifies your mobile device, device-specific settings and characteristics, and latitude/longitude details. We may also receive information about you when you use certain social media services.
Why is personal information collected?
Information is collected to send gift cards, service gift card holders, make bookings, provide better customer support, make our marketing more relevant, optimize our gift card redemption supply, prevent fraud, carry out market research, and improve our services.
How do we use social media?
We use social media to promote the features of our gift cards and to improve our services. For example, we have integrated social media plugins into the website. When you click on one of the buttons and register with your social media account, information is shared with your social media provider and possibly presented on your social media profile to be shared with others in your network.
In addition to implementing these buttons, we use social media by maintaining accounts on several social media sites. These social media services may allow you to share information with us. When you register with a social media app, you will be told which information will be shared with us. The information you choose to share with us may include the basic information that’s available in your social media profile such as your name and email address. This information is used to give you a personal user experience either in the app itself or on our websites. It facilitates such things as personalising our website to suit your needs, connecting you with your friends, and analyzing and enhancing our travel-related services.
How do we share data with third parties?
In specific circumstances we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
- The booking supplier: In order to complete your booking, specific details need to be transferred to the booking supplier. This may include information such as your name, your contact details, the names of persons in your booking, and any preferences you specified when making a booking.
- Third-party service providers: We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes specified above. We may also work with third-party payment service providers that require the additional personal information to prevent fraud. The third parties involved in any of these services will be bound by confidentiality agreements and will not be allowed to use your personal information for any purposes other than those specified above.
- Subsidiaries and parent companies of Experiencegift: In order to support you during the reservation process and throughout your stay, your details may be shared with the parent or subsidiaries of the Experiencegift corporate family.
- Competent authorities: We may share your personal information with government or investigative authorities if we are required by law (or any regulation having the force of law) to do so. Such requirements include court orders, subpoenas, and orders arising from legal processes and criminal investigations. We may also disclose your personal data if it is strictly necessary for the prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal acts.
Cookies are information files that can be automatically read and stored from your device whenever you visit a website. This occurs through the web browser on your device. Cookies do not recognise you personally and are not harmful to your device. They are used to enable you to view and use our website, and to improve your website experience.
When you first visit our website, we show a message with an explanation about our cookies and we ask for your consent to use these cookies.
These cookies collect the following information from you:
What types of cookies do we use?
- IP address
- Cookie ID
- Website and click behaviour
- Referrer URL
1. Functional cookies: These cookies help you to move around our site and use all its essential features. Without these cookies, you would not be able to view the site, buy a gift card or make a booking.
Our functional cookies include:
- Analytics cookies: These cookies help us understand how our website is used and how we can improve your website experience. These cookies cannot identify you personally as they provide us with anonymous information to help us, for example, to understand which pages of our website are most visited and if you experience any error messages.
- Site diagnostics & site loading: These cookies track our website performance (eg. page loading).
- Non-marketing site business analytics: These cookies are used for business analytics relating to non-marketing activities on the website, such as the performance of products. The data collected is limited to the website operator’s use only, for managing the performance and design of the site.
- Essential functions enabler: These cookies are essential as they enable a visitor to move around our site and use its features. Examples include your language preference and booking information you’ve previously used when booking with us.
2. Performance cookies: We use these cookies to continuously improve our website.
Our performance cookies include:
- A/B testing & design: These cookies are used for the purpose of testing site design to create an optimal user experience. Site design tests, typically using A/B or multivariate testing, ensure a consistent look and feel is maintained for the visitor of the site in the current and following sessions.
3. Remarketing cookies: We use these cookies to provide information to our advertising partners. We use these cookies to measure the effectiveness of a particular campaign and to limit the number of times a visitor sees a particular ad on a website. The unique identifier that shows each visitor’s browsing habits is stored by these cookies and are provided by our advertising partners.
Our remarketing cookies include:
How can I manage my cookies?
- Third-party advertising: These cookies are used to share visitor data collected with third-party advertising platforms and publishers. We share it with partners such as Google, Facebook and Instagram so that we can use the data for our ads on these platforms. The platforms do not use visitor data for other advertisers and it is not sold.
- Behaviour tracking: These cookies are used to collect visitors' device data and other related web browsing behaviour.
- Marketing performance analytics: These cookies are used for tracking a visitor’s behaviour on our site for the purposes of improving the performance of our marketing activities.
- Marketing precision analytics: These cookies are used to analyse visitor behaviour and in order to provide more personalised and accurate targeted advertising.
You can select or amend your cookies preferences on our website here. If you choose to not accept cookies, we enable only functional and required cookies. It is not possible to browse our site without these cookies.
Where can I get further information?