10 Most Haunted Hotels in The US
Mon September 18,2023
Haunted Hotels in New OrleansNew Orleans, with its rich and tumultuous history of pirates, voodoo, epidemics, and wars, has been the breeding ground for countless tales of the supernatural. The city's centuries-old architecture and intertwining alleyways serve as a vivid backdrop to stories of restless spirits and eerie occurrences in its haunted hotels, earning its reputation as the most haunted place in the US.
1. The Bourbon Orleans HotelThe Bourbon Hotel in New Orleans, situated in the heart of the historic French Quarter, is considered one of the most haunted hotels in the US. due to its past as a theater, ballroom, and even a high-stakes poker house, events during which numerous tragedies and deaths are said to have occurred. Guests and staff alike have reported unexplained phenomena, from ghostly apparitions to chilling whispers, all testifying to the lingering spirits of its checkered past.
2. Hotel MonteleoneHotel Monteleone in New Orleans, with its over a century of history, has witnessed generations of guests and has become the epicenter for numerous ghostly sightings, particularly of children and former residents. Its famous rotating Carousel Bar and grandeur architecture hold tales of playful spirits and phantom footsteps, reinforcing its status as one of the most haunted hotels in the world.
Haunted Hotels in ColoradoColorado's mining history and historic battles have led to many ghost tales. Its rich past, paired with the Rocky Mountains, makes it one of the most haunted places in the US.
3. Stanley HotelThe Stanley Hotel in Colorado, famously serving as the inspiration for Stephen King's "The Shining," has been the site of numerous paranormal sightings, from ghostly apparitions to mysterious sounds. Its long history, with countless guest testimonies and chilling stories, has solidified its reputation as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
4. Oxford HotelThe Oxford Hotel in Denver, Colorado, which opened in 1891, has a long history of unexplained events and sightings, from apparitions in 1920s attire to mysterious occurrences in Room 320. These frequent paranormal experiences, backed by numerous guest testimonials and investigations, have cemented the Oxford Hotel's reputation as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
Haunted Hotels in SavannahSavannah, Georgia, with its history of wars, epidemics, and tragedies, is considered the U.S.'s most haunted city. Its antebellum architecture and old cemeteries fuel countless ghost stories and legends.
5. The Marshall HouseThe Marshall House in Savannah, built in 1851, has witnessed periods of war, epidemics, and history that have embedded tales of hauntings within its walls. Its past as a Civil War hospital and encounters with unexplained phenomena have made it a magnet for ghost hunters and enthusiasts, cementing its place as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
6. The Kehoe HouseThe Kehoe House in Savannah is steeped in tales of ghostly apparitions and mysterious sounds, believed by many as the spirits of the Kehoe children who tragically died there. As a centerpiece in one of America's oldest and most haunted cities, the hotel's rich history and frequent paranormal reports have earned it a reputation as one of the most haunted lodgings in the US.
Haunted Hotels in Las VegasLas Vegas, with its neon-lit nights and forgotten stories of fortune and ruin, echoes the ghosts of dreams past. Its glittering facade belies tales of heartbreak and vice, making it a haunting landmark in the US.
7. Planet HollywoodPlanet Hollywood in Las Vegas, previously known as The Aladdin, has a rich history of high-stakes drama and tragedies, which many believe have left behind restless spirits. Guests and staff alike have reported unexplained phenomena and ghostly encounters, earning it a reputation as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
8. Bally’s Las VegasBally's Las Vegas stands on the grounds of the former MGM Grand, which witnessed a tragic fire in 1980 that claimed the lives of 85 people. Guests and staff have reported unexplained phenomena and ghostly apparitions, believed to be the spirits of those who perished in the fire, making it one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
Haunted Hotels in New YorkNew York's rich history is imbued with timeless tales of ambition, tragedies, and unsolved mysteries. Its iconic skyline hides countless stories, casting shadows that whisper of the past.
9. The Sagamore ResortThe Sagamore Resort in New York, situated beside the picturesque Lake George, has a long-standing history of ghostly encounters, dating back to its origins in the late 19th century. Guests and staff alike have reported eerie experiences, from children's laughter in empty hallways to sightings of a spectral golfer on the resort's grounds, solidifying its reputation as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
10. The Historic Bermuda InnThe historic Bermuda Inn, with its rich legacy dating back centuries, is riddled with tales of spectral apparitions and unexplained phenomena that have both guests and staff whispering of encounters with the otherworldly. Its unique blend of historic events, tragic tales, and persistent ghostly activity has cemented its reputation as one of the most haunted hotels in the US.
Haunted Hotels in the US: Last ThoughtsHaunted hotels are more than just a setting for horror movies; they offer a tangible connection to the past, brimming with tales of historical events, personal tragedies, and lingering spirits. This article has journeyed through ten of the most notoriously haunted hotels in the US, each providing a unique story and experience that bridges the gap between the living and the supernatural. Whether you're a thrill-seeker or a history enthusiast, these hotels promise an unforgettable stay. If you know someone who likes dark tourism, don’t hesitate to get them a gift for a hotel stay in one of these chilling places. Let’s look back at the 10 most haunted hotels in the US.
- The Bourbon Orleans Hotel
- Hotel Monteleone
- Stanley Hotel
- Oxford Hotel
- The Marshall House
- The Kehoe House
- Planet Hollywood
- Bally’s Las Vegas
- The Sagamore Resort
- The Historic Bermuda Inn